In our creative curriculum we begin every new half termly topic with a memorable experience as part of the ‘engage stage’. So far this term;
- Year 1 went on senses walk to look at the ‘splendid skies’, investigate the seasonal landscape and forage for interesting natural objects.
- Year 2 had a visit from Zoo Lab and were able to see and feel a range of creepy crawlies to kick off their ‘Wriggle & Crawl’ topic.
- Year 3 were challenged to create a river basin for their ‘Flow’ topic. They used a range of resources to show the ‘source’, the ‘mouth’ and other features in between.
- Year 4 began their ‘Traders and Raiders’ topic by building Saxon tools, weapons and even a ship to travel across the North Sea and invade the eastern coast of Britain.
- Year 5 designed and created prototypes of their own time machines for their new topic, ‘Time Travellers’!
- Year 6 received a very important letter from Scientists at the Darwin Centre, along with a range of equipment to help them find Darwin’s lost experiments.
Visit this page again soon to find out about other Year groups and visit the blogs to find out more.